Baked Potato Soup – Simplified and Delish
|June 15, 2011||Posted by kitchenbliss under Recipes|
I know the sun is finally shining and everyone’s lounging at the pool- but I need to get this written down before I forget it. That’s how it works with me and cooking. I try something out, it’s fantastic, then POOF! it floats into the oblivion of my To Do lists and Laundry Mountain.
So here is my take on the yummy warms up your tummy Baked Potato Soup:
- 6 good size potatoes ( I used regular old Idahos) peeled and cubed
- 2 onions chopped big
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped big again
- 1 quart chicken broth
- water to cover
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce ( I used ALDI’s brand and it was just fine)
- Bacon (TIP- I get some crumbled bacon from the groceries salad bar- it’s cheap and easy, cooked bacon doesn’t weigh much
- sliced green onions
- shredded cheddar or other cheese of choice
So you put your cubed potatoes, onions, celery and broth in a nice heavy bottomed pot and add water to cover by atleast a few inches. Get that up to a boil and simmer til the potatoes are good and soft. I then use my immersion blender ( a tool I cannot live without!) and puree up your soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender (you should really get one) but you could just use your potato masher and really go to town, in this case you would also want to chop your celery and onions finer.
Give it a taste, see how much salt and pepper you need to add. ( I am easy on the salt when I first make this. ) Next add about 1/2 the jar of Alfredo sauce and There You Go!
Slice up some nice hard bread, ladle up a few bowls and add your toppings of choice. Hope you enjoy!